FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:23 pm
sparkzone

Very good post for newb!! better sticky it somewhere

Originally Posted by FOEDogg
Sooooooooo, travel to Kona & Aruba over Christmas Break & come back to...... ughhh, same ol' debate. And, really, who wants to do the 1088 page legwork when it can be given so freely w/no required discipline?! I'm a giving person, so voici, my best Sherwood effort! I'm sure this will incur wrath from people I'd prefer not to, but from this point forward, anyone in this thread can refer to this thread # 16342 as:

Newbie FD Basics

#1 - If you add an extra leg to your R/T at the end & the YQ decreases, it's a 3x FD. It can be as short as 13 miles or as long as 5482 miles (that I've found anyways). It's usually a different airline, but it could also be the same airline. It could be in the same continent or a different one. It could be any airline from AAA Air to ZZ Top Airways that makes the YQ go buh-bye (or at least on a diet). If YQ doesn't go down causing the total price to drop, it's not a real FD. ITA is your pal. Happy looking.

- If you add an extra leg to your R/T at the beginning & the YQ decreases, it's a 1x FD. See above paragraph for description. YES, you must fly first leg or the rest of your itin. willl be cancelled.

#3 - Don't post your 1x or 3x airport codes. Or, think you're being cleverly covert when you name it "The Medicine Dump" & disguise it with ICN. Real stealthy.....

#4 - Find a booking site that will book your itin. which now involves something like: LWC-ZSP-LWC (your R/T)-ASI-IPC (your 3x) on Bride/Groom (R/T) & Moses Air (3x). Google is your friend.

There it is newbs. It's not discovering fire, okay? You're welcome.

Now, I think I'm going to go on a janetdoe-type self-imposed sabbatical from this forum (again). BTW, your "Dr. WWE" post brought tears to my eyes I laughed so hard janetdoe!