FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury Hotels In New York
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:06 pm
robyng
In memoriam

Originally Posted by nba1017
Since you're really just looking for an easy trip to a good city, i'll throw out Chicago as an alternative. Much cheaper, often better, hotels with most of the comparable culture, food, and activity of New York.

Having said that, the newly renovated Pierre has gotten good reviews and the location is about as central as possible. I've stayed at the Plaza Athenee on 64th before and thought it was lovely. I believe they have smoking rooms as well, and many of the suites have balconies. I also love the Trump, though it might not be to your taste.
Agree with you about Chicago. We've taken multiple trips there - and enjoy the city a whole lot. Could be a possible for this trip.

Will look into the Plaza Athenee and the "new" Pierre. Have stayed at the Trump before - and now it is 100% non-smoking (think all Trump properties - at least in North America - even the one in Las Vegas - are non-smoking now - including the one in Chicago). Our last trip to Chicago - we stayed at the Four Seasons Four Seasons (I'm pretty sure I did a review of that hotel here). Robyn