View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 12, 1:23 pm
robyng
In memoriam

Luxury Hotels In New York

I usually plan a trip for our anniversary and my birthday first half of September. This year - I don't have any "must go" place in mind - so I'm simply exploring big cities with lots of attractions - excellent dining - etc. Am running into booking problems with some (like Toronto has its International Film Festival that week). And - in New York - although the UN General Assembly doesn't start until 9/15 - and I can leave on 9/14 - some hotels (like the MO) are blocking out rooms for UN people a day or two in advance (although perhaps my travel agent can do something about that).

Before I decide to return to the Four Seasons - I wonder what people think of some other hotels in New York? Note that I need a smoking room - and some of the hotels that came up on my list of "smoking allowed" hotels were the St. Regis (have stayed there before - didn't like it) - The Carlyle - The Mark - The Mercer - The Peninsula - The Pierre (haven't stayed there since it was renovated) - and the Lowell. Would prefer to be in mid-town - but am somewhat flexible.

And - if anyone knows - how much of a zoo is it in New York a day or two before the UN circus comes to town? Robyn

P.S. I want to make this a pretty easy trip - so - right now - I am only looking into north America.