View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 12, 1:40 pm
N965VJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by jlemon View Post
Thanks Wally Bird!
Yes, thanks! It's been a few years since I've looked, but I didn't know there was a picture of my namesake on the net somewhere. That made my day. When US started parking them, I saved the door that went over the ACARS panel in the fwd galley from 965.

I'm also curious about your handle there, N965VJ: did this "N" number appear on a US Air DC-9-30?
I was a FA for 15 years at US, so both the aircraft and me were born in the 60s and flew around the northeast for US.

BTW, the routing for the PI operated F-28 flight I took many years ago was MIA-EYW.....
PI had a small crew base in MIA I think, this is jogging my memory. I was hired by US before the PI merger, so my PI knowledge isn't the best. They also had small bases in SYR and DAY. When US finally parked the F-28s in CLT, a number of pilots sat around collecting flight at home for a few months since the company didn't transition them to another aircraft right away. Lucky dogs.