FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Support a FT friend while supporting a great cause!
Old Aug 20, 2002, 12:36 pm
andymo99

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Support a FT friend while supporting a great cause!

Hey folks,

I am an occasional lurker here and an active contributor on the DL board. I hope that posting some of our activity here is not out of line.

For quite a long time at the DL board, we had an exceptional DL employee actively participating. Russ, an Atlanta Crown Room employee, would answer questions, post promotions, settle confusion, etc... and he always did it all on his own time. It was a fantastic reflection on his commitment to his employer and to his customers.

Unfortunately, unlike Starwood Lurker, it turned out that DL did not appreciate his outstanding Customer Service, and he was asked to stop participating in our community. His absence from the board has been a real loss for those of us who fly DL.

Anyhow, it recently came to our attention that Russ is walking with some DL colleagues in an Atlanta AIDS Fundraiser in October. I caught wind of this yesterday, at which point he had raised $25 toward his $1000 goal. <24 hours after I posted his quest on the DL board, he is well over $1K, and he has raised his goal to $2500. The outpouring of support is a great reflection on his incredible contributions and the FT spirit.

Anyhow, I thought I would post this information to the broader FT community in the event that additional people would support a true FT gem! You can access our DL board thread at this link for more details, or you can go straight to Russ' donor page via this link.

Again, I hope that I am not intruding inappropriately at FT community. I look forward to watching Russ' "pledge meter" rise even more rapidly through the generosity of fellow FT'ers.

Yours,
andymo99