FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok Tailors [PRE-2013 ARCHIVE]
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:32 am
sziv50

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, AA EXP, Hertz Prez Circle
Follow up - very positive experience at Tailor on Ten

The most observant of members may have noticed that I had taken down a review I wrote in August about my experience with Tailor on Ten. I wanted to follow up and relay my very positive experience and connect the dots.

I was originally in Bangkok over the summer and found Tailor on Ten via this website as well as another. My experience was terrific from a customer service perspective and I was quite happy with the selection I had made, appreciated Alex's advice and input, and very much felt like he was striving to do everything he could to make sure I was happy.

There were a few minor points that I had raised, such as wanting to make sure there wasn't a lot of material left in back that bunched up. Ultimately, I should have done one more fitting (I was a bit constrained on time. Alex even brought everything over to my hotel, which was amazing, but I think we were focused on making sure the two suits I had bought fit and didn't try on the shirts a final time)

To make a long story a bit shorter, when I came back to the US and started work (I finished up b-school beforehand), I noticed that the shirts were not exactly what I had hoped. Quality was there, but there was too much material left in back and on the sleeves under the arm. This was something I had brought up and they took some material off during the first fittings, but it hadn't ultimately been enough.

I was planning to contact Alex and took down my review until everything was straightened out. Alex proactively reached out to check how things were and I told him the situation. His response surprised me even though I probably should have come to expect it: He said he would pay to have the shirts shipped back to him and, if I sent him a sample of a shirt that had the right amount of material, he would make sure the shirts were corrected and sent back. Ultimately, instead of doing that, he had me pick a new selection of fabrics and sent me new shirts that fit perfectly on his dime. The shirts arrived a few days ago (definitely my fault that it is now January because it took me forever to mail out a sample as i was traveling and inundated with work) and they indeed fit perfectly!

Alex had initially impressed me with his attention to detail and emphasis on customer service and he has surpassed all expectations that I had. When I visited in July he was demonstrably keen on continuing to build his business up the right way. I can appreciate that sometimes things go awry, and tremendously respect when a business take the long term perspective and goes out of its way to ensure that the customer is happy at the end.

In summary, had minor hiccup with some of original shirts, but Tailor on Ten more than fixed the issue and made me a loyal fan. If you are looking for a shop that uses high quality fabric, works meticulously to ensure fit, and stands by its products even after you leave, I'd recommend you give Tailor on Ten a serious look, Alex and team wont disappoint.

Last edited by sziv50; Jan 17, 2012 at 6:33 am Reason: added title