FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits
Old Jan 15, 2012, 8:54 pm
mgoflyer

Programs: Delta - PM, Hilton - Diamond, PriorityClub - Platinum
Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

I was at a Doubletree hotel last week (location omitted to protect the innocent) and was chatting with the agent who was checking me in who mentioned that we will soon not have to choose our on-property benefits. He stated that he had just had a training session on this new benefit and that an email would he going out soon. He additionally added that this would start in February, but did not share if this applied to Gold members as well. Thus in summary, he stated that we would be able to get the additional points as well as the upgrade/breakfast at the Doubletree as an example.

If this does indeed come to pass I feel that it is a good first step to fixing some of the severe devaluations we have seen in the program in general and the Diamond tier specifically. Can anyone else corroborate what I heard?

***Please see post #51 by HHonor Guard for additional details. This is the closest I have seen to an official posting from Hilton on this enhancement.****

***Please see post #260, the rumor has been confirmed. Details are in the link or on your updated My Way page***

Last edited by mgoflyer; Jan 24, 2012 at 6:56 am Reason: Adding information to original post