FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post your Platinum upgrade FAILURES 2012
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2012, 8:26 pm
sjpvac

First Failure of the New Year

Checked in at the Sheraton Safari in Orlando for one night while waiting for my Disney room to be available. I have stayed in this place many times before as Gold and usually obtained something decent as an upgrade. Unfortunately,the hotel is undergoing major renovation and the whole attitude of the staff seems to have changed.Having attained plat at the end of the year, this was to be my second plat stay and my wife asked about what we could expect. Well, we didn't expect to be told at check-in that we weren't plat, and that we would have to pay $10 for parking our car. When I asked the staff to check with starwood, I was advised that I needed to check my status. Eventually I asked for a manager to get the status straightened out and got offered free internet, but the room was a two double bed standard facing the garbage dumpsters which guaranteed a wake up call around 4 or 5 AM when the garbage truck came to make a pick-up. No water in the room, no upgrade, no amenity (though the front desk called and offered free breakfast). On check-out I got a bill for a roll-a-away bed which someone down the hall used (we saw it in the hallway as we left), so all in all, I would consider it not just a plat failure but a Starwood failure (and there were other rooms available at the time as I overheard another prospective guest being advised at checkout).

Last edited by sjpvac; Jan 13, 2012 at 8:38 pm Reason: spelling