FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Programme for Consistent Benefits?
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2012, 7:27 am
adobbing

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by tgsh2006
I encountered this at Liverpool CP on 26 December. Having noticed a marked decline in Platinum benefits (ie from excellent to non existent) I discussed it with the front of house manager. She explained these new "wonderful" options (the 3rd is a voucher for a drink btw) and I gave her my immediate (negative) feedback.
Used the CP Liverpool several times a few years ago, didn't get anything as a Platinum on either occasion.
Only lame excuses as to why they wouldn't upgrade me, despite the hotel being less than half full. Was even told they didn't have an exec lounge, even though you could see it from the front desk!

Contrast that with the Hilton Liverpool, where I have been upgraded on every stay even on rewards redemptions. They recently even put me in a full suite on a rewards stay!
I have always been given exec lounge access and a choice of free breakfast in either lounge or restaurant.
Since it opened just along the road I haven't even considered the CP Liverpool, to be honest I had forgotten it was there.

If you see my previous post, you will perhaps understand why IHG don't see me that often now!