FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Connections in Miami, NY or Fort Worth. Which would be least awful with kids?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 5:03 am
tdng

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Silver, Accor Club Silver and many others at the lowest level
Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
I was pleasantly surprised by Miami immigration last month - only took 5 minutes. But the security was still a bit of a mess. But coming in from a domestic flight on the way back, we didn't have to re-clear security. There is an airside connection from the D concourse (AA) to F concourse (BA). Just tear out the terminal map from the AA inflight magazine to help guide you.
BA is now operating from the E concourse (normally gate E8). This is linked to the D concourse (AA) by a longish walkway that is next to one of the sky train stations. I did an AA domestic to BA transit there 3 weeks ago and it was very simple (no security or bag rechecking to do) but there is a fair bit of walking which may be an issue with the kids. I did find the signage a little bit confusing although that might just be me and it didn't take me long to figure out where to go.

I quite liked the new lounge (BA/IB Premium Lounge) which is above the entrance of the E concourse (still airside though). There are quite a few corners with tables and chairs you would be able to occupy with the family while you wait.