FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying An iPhone 4S: 16, 32 Or 64 GB?
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:23 pm
weekilter

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
It seems that once you buy a new iPhone you are pretty much stuck with your storage capacity for the next two years since the memory is not expandable and if you want to buy a different one, you will pay full price.

I spoke with people at the Apple Store, at VZW and at Apple on the phone and I am still left with the impression that I am making a blind guess in selecting anything other than the 64.

What is your personal guide on how to choose which model to buy?
My first iPhone was a 3G/16. I ran out of space with my apps and music content. I could have fixed that by not storing so much music on my phone I suppose. As to whether you should choose 16/32 or 64 I guess it depends on how many apps you have as well as photos, music and videos. Videos take up a lot of space even if compressed with something like Handbrake. I guess you could limit yourself to what you put on your phone at a certain time and just limit what you have on the phone. Flash isn't all that expensive in the real world though you pay a premium for it when you're chosing the size of iPhone storage.