FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paid upgrade at check in.
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2012, 5:06 pm
Nuff Said

Originally Posted by rhr46flyer
Is that a fact, that if anyone gets an operational upgrade from economy to business you still eat economy food? Please forgiven my ignorance as despite being a silver member I never been offered such an upgrade.
No. I have had several op-ups, with full business class service every time. Airlines will not serve economy class food in biz as it is considered to devalue the ambience of the cabin. QR is very proud if its premium class product, and won't risk harming its excellent reputation with a little spot of penny pinching.

But I read on this forum a few months ago, on a 777, of the bona fide business class passengers being moved into rows 1-4 only, with rows 5-7 being declassified for use of economy class passengers, and with economy service. This can only be done on 777's, as rows 1-4 and 5-7 are in effect seperate cabins, with toilets and a large galley area between the two.

Go to http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Qat..._777-200LR.php and you will see what I mean. Its the same on a 777-300ER.

Last edited by Nuff Said; Jan 10, 2012 at 5:13 pm Reason: Correction.