FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lets start a wish list - What can do QR better!!!!
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:57 pm
lsed

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by mecabq

What do you mean by this? The web site has a calendar showing every day and whether the flight is available at the normal rate, available at double rate, or not available, for every class of service.

I find much to criticize with QR, but this is one of the best features, and I can't think of any other airline that has such a simple way to check for award availability. How could it be more transparent?
For award upgrades actually. Just basing on the fact that the OP tried to get an upgrade using miles for F when the cabin was totally unsold and kept rejected.

For other airlines you can use Expert Flyer. And though it's a paid subscription you can use it to alert you when award availability is up.

Also no wait list is just horrid. If say i try every 3 days and they only release availability 4 a few days before, someone may just manage to grab it before me even though I've been trying for weeks!