FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Op-UP Handling Changes - One Time Incident or Change in Policy?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 3:49 pm
DLPhoenix

Programs: DL MM; UA MM/1K
Originally Posted by mduell
Is this what the BF concierge is supposed to do?

All they've ever done is annoy me and give me bad information.
This is one of their roles. In quite a few cases when I aproached the podium to ask about op-ups I was told the concierge will come and process them - guess what, she/he did. When necessary they chased my to my seat and upgraded me after boarding.

Originally Posted by channa
This seems reasonable given how cumbersome the GA interface is in SHARES.

To process op-ups in any sort of order would have taken significantly more effort and may have delayed the flight.

Getting the flight out on time was probably in the best interest, operationally, hence the operational upgrades went to the most convenient passengers.
Well, this is a CO flight using CO metal, I assume they have experienced little change from December.

Originally Posted by bocastephen
IIRC, CO has(had) an internally published protocol for handling these scenarios - and it was to op-up customers by status and fare, but certainly not clear random standbys into BF and leave status pax in the back.

A note to Customer Care is in order. Please publish the flight number here so our Insiders have a chance to view the details and act if they decide it warrants an internal note.
CO 079 January 8.

Happy Travels
DLP