FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 12, 9:40 am
jlemon

Programs: Still lowly AA Gold for a bit, lots of AA, AS & DL miles & BA Avios, some UA miles, former CO Plat
Originally Posted by Seat 2A View Post
Okay, I'll try 3 and 4:

3) What airline operated direct one stop service between New York JFK and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with a B707? (Hint: this carrier was not a U.S. or Mexican based airline). Air France Sadly I wasn't old enough to take advantage of those flights which I believe stopped in Guadalajara, but I did manage a flight on Air France's 747 nonstop between Houston and Mexico City in 1980. In First Class, no less.

4) What airline operated nonstop service between New Orleans and San Juan, Puerto Rico? Delta At least, I'm pretty sure it was. I think it was a through flight from LAX, routing LAX-MSY-SJU. I think...
Correct on both counts as well!

This Air France flight originated in Paris as did the Mexico City service you mentioned above. And with regard to the IAH-MEX service on AF, contrast this with recent CO Express IAH-MEX service flown with an ERJ-145. The AF 747 service in the front cabin was the way to travel!

I believe the routing of the Delta flight was SFO-LAX-MSY-SJU (I'll check my old OAG when I get home). Equipment was a stretched DC-8 Super 60 series (D8S).