FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skywards Miles
Thread: Skywards Miles
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:56 am
SingaporeJoe

Programs: AY Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by deepakbhatia
PS: Hows the seating on the Emirates aircrafts (i am 6 feet tall) and how is their vegetarian meal?
Can not comment on the vegetarian meals, but I am 6 feet something tall and the long haul flights I've done with EK on economy have been OK. Not that different from any other airline, really. Slightly more narrow maybe given the 3-4-3 configuration.

A lot of it is down to luck, e.g. who happens to be sitting next to you and how full the plane is.

If the aircraft is older, there's a risk that on an aisle seat, the supporting structures of the seat in front of you together with the control box for the IFE eat away a significant amount of your leg room. The direct MEL-DXB usually has newer fleet, but if you fly MEL-SIN-DXB then expect a bit more run down planes in particular on SIN-DXB.

In any case, the supporting structures of the seat in front of you do not readily segment the leg room into four identical spaces so there will be a bit of leg rubbing with the person next to you until you have marked your territories, figuratively speaking of course.

Hint: try to book a seat which is the last row of a cabin segment so that you get a bit more storage space by being able to use the space underneath your seat for shoes which in turns gives you a bit more leg room. That also increases the likelihood of an empty seat next to you. Besides, that's where the crew members hang out during the boarding so you get to flash a big smile to them to ensure a good service throughout the flight