FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Citizen with a Cuba stamp in my passport, intentionally
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:54 pm
ainternational

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by mkt
I'm assuming you're going to re-enter in Florida, so I'm not sure how strict they are. However, returning to Puerto Rico from the British Virgin Islands by boat, I've been able to clear customs and immigration by phone before. We just gave them our passport numbers and vessel information over the phone.

My passport has a Cuba, and going through customs at SJU I haven't had as much as a raised eyebrow. Just don't bring anything back, don't lie, and don't offer more information than you need to
Appreciate the quick reply! Had no idea they did it via radio / phone. I guess I assumed there was a customs agent in the international marina in Miami. And yes, you're right re Florida.

BTW, as the good Doc said, nice sig. That's the kind of thing I'd write back in school and leave running to piss off the teachers...