FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)
Old Jan 8, 2012, 4:10 pm
fmkgb

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
NRT-JFK First Class

Japanese Winter Meal

Appetizer Tray
Koachi Dish-Marinated flatfish with chrysanthemum roll, vinegared carrot and radish julienne, pickled cucumber and seaweed

Hassun Dish - Grilled marinated prawn (eyeball intact, ugh), sweet simmered black soybeans on skewer, lotus root with spicy cod roe, sake steamed taro root and egg cake

Western Dish - Cod escabeche served with sliced onion, julienned carrot and red and yelow peppers

Main Tray
Simmer Dish - Crabmeat and lily bulb paste dumpling served with carrot, radish and mizuna leaf, accented by minced chicken

Entree - Grilled red snapper saikyo-yaki style with omelette, lotus root and simmered kept roll

Soup - Miso soup with tofu and wakame seawood

Steamed Rice
Assorted Pickles

--

Much better meal than the JFK-NRT. I would have this one again.

I don't have the list of wines but the sake is great and the Malbec on this flight was superb. Better than the JFK-NRT reds. Same sake.

If anyone knows the details on the Malbec FC JFK-NRT please post them. I'd like to track it down.