FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AKL to SYD in J with Emirates (EK 413) on A388
Old Jan 8, 2012, 12:13 pm
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 123dd
Ok, maybe I'm a bit outdated...... Has EK downgraded services on J? I used to do Browns Bay to Seven Hills on purely transtasman J on EK, and found it to be very good value.... But I do not get any benefit when going to Asia on my EK status, so haven't set foot on a EK bird for a few years now..... Really hope they can join an alliance, preferably ow... lol
They no longer offer chauffeur drive on purely trans tasman business class itineraries; given the cost of the car service and the low cost of the flights, it doesn't seem that unreasonable given that the current cost in O class AKL-SYD is AUD404

From http://www.emirates.com/gr/English/p...available.aspx

Details for AU/NZ airports

Originally Posted by EK
Business Class itineraries which are exclusively between New Zealand and Australia are not eligible for Chauffeur-drive.
All other itineraries are eligible, including Business Class itineraries which involve a stopover in Australia.

As far as alliances go, I really hope that they do not join any and stay as they are