FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avoid Carry-On Bag Sizer with Online Check-in?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 9:54 am
sts603
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by evanderm
Out stations are notorious for not checking bags are within dimensions but as has been noted by some people in the know BA are trying to clamp down on this. However much you disagree with the rules, BA have set them, why try to play the system? BA already offer very generous allowances compared to other European carriers.

Also what size is your carry-on? Mine seems to just fit both AA and BA sizers with the same amount of room to spare. In fact AA allows 22*14*9 whereas BA allows 22*18*10 giving you clearance for a larger bag. That's assuming the bag gauge reflects this.
I have a standard American max legal carrion: 22x14x9. Interesting that the BA site gives a larger size as the sizes are definitely smaller and seem like they would only fit a standard "continental" size carry on - I believe that the max dimension there is 20.