FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tricks to become "targeted" by AMEX
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2012, 6:58 am
VBC

Hi Aarato,

Sorry to ask but targeted for what exactly? Perks, cards, limit increases or detrimental things like fr?

From my history with Amex spend has not been that big of a deal. I average 150k a year in personal expenses on my plat charge but that doesn't result in anything special.

I have noticed a correlation to revolving debt on my other cards though. When I was rocking 5% I got pre-approvals for plat business, etc. As utilization increased during a job change offers decreased from pre-approve to pre-select to invite to nothing.

As for FR, I have been lucky enough not to be hit. I have seen other users mention a mix of credit and charge can be a flag. I cancelled their credit products a while ago (no reason, just never used them) and won't accept sign and travel on my personal charge (rate is way too high). I also pay my bill the day it cuts online (27th every month). At heart they are a charge company and despite their advertising I don't think they like the exposure of their credit products. Of course I may be wrong though