FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do celebrities and other wealthy people usually fly commercial?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 4:36 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by RobbieRunner
Absolutely.

Let's say I'm Les Wexner (might as well dream big). I have an estate in Columbus, Ohio where I am a big fish in a little pond. Me and my executives oversee "The Limited Brands" and enjoy watching Victoria's Secret models prance around. ...
If you were Les Wexner, you wouldn't be watching Victoria Secret models prance around, but I digress

I think we're also missing the thousands of regular everyday business people, most of them owners of small and medium businesses, who fly all over the country every day in everything from a Piper Archer to a Baron to a Navajo to a 25 year old King Air or Lear.

They do it because it's the most economical and efficient way for them to visit customers or business interests - flying into smaller airports without commercial service or being able to visit multiple cities in a row.

I'm sure the majority of everyday celebrities fly commercial - we've not only seen many of them (look at all the Celebrity Sighting threads in each airline forum), I'm fairly sure there are a few right here with us on FT, hidden behind some interesting screen name.

I think the number who frequently use private jets, whether owned, shared or chartered, is actually quite low.

Originally Posted by RobbieRunner
Absolutely!
Does anyone know the name or the face of the guy (WITHOUT GOOGLING HIM IF THAT WOULD EVEN YIELD A RESULT!) that owns the Toyota Import rights for the United States? He's purportedly one of the wealthiest people in North America. ..
Jim Moran (just the rights to the SE US), but he's dead - so no private jet rides for him...but apparently his former yacht Gallant Lady is up for sale yet again. I would prefer to travel by yacht if I had the choice and didn't need to be somewhere right away.

Now that's the right way to travel.