FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2012
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:38 am
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by walterj
This is my first post.

I am more of searcher for discount fares to interesting places than your traditional searcher for miles. However, using miles, I was able to fly to Europe four years in a row with my family, so I do have some experience. I thought this was the one place on flyer talk to look for cheap fares, kind of dump for good fares that don't qualify for normal mileage runs.

For example, last year I took advantage of really cheap fares from the Midwest to Hawaii in September and really cheap fares to Europe in June. I also missed pricing errors to Europe last year, by hesitating just a few hours.

So this is my favorite place. So QBK, if not in this thread, where?
Welcome to Flyertalk, walterj! This is exactly the right place. My post (#15 above) is highly confusing now, because it got moved. I originally commented on the Santa Barbara Air fare when it was posted under MR Deals, suggesting that it belonged somewhere else. Now that the whole thread has been moved to the right place, my post has made itself irrelevant! Thus the Actually, several of the posts in that thread are sort of baffling in this context. Sorry about that. I'll update mine.

I'll update the post for posterity

Last edited by QBK; Jan 6, 2012 at 4:33 pm Reason: Dang iPad auto-correct does evil things to FT usernames...