FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2012 master thread
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:34 am
af fp

Sofitel Los Angeles

- What is your A|Club status?
Platinum (first time use, comp'ed platinum due to being Flying Blue platinum).

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
It was good, could have been better.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Did not book the cheapest room. I had booked a better room with Beverly Hills view for about $50 more per night. No upgrade but I did not ask at check-in.

- How are the rooms?
Not large. Nice view and amenities, beautiful bathroom.

- What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Nice room, good restaurant, nice staff. Nice pool, once you find it.
I quicly received a mail confirming the points I got and that they would be transferred to my Flying Blue account.

Bad:
Expensive! For two nights, one breakfast for two and one dinner for two, plus valet parking (no choice), it cost about $1,000.

Plat recognition: they had to find my A-Club number after I checked in and it might be why they did not know I was plat and did not upgrade me. The only advantage I got was that after they found out I am platinum, they slipped two drink coupons under the door, which only get you a cheaper cocktail or a bad bubbly. Not great when you know that DSK was given a full bottle of Dom Perignon at the NY property...

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

It's a nice hotel and as it was the new year I understand it was expensive, but the treatment I got as a plat was underwhelming, it is not enough for me to put the Sofitel high on my priority list next time I go to LA.