FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2012 Edition [Compensation]
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:49 pm
austin_native

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plat
IAH to Narita / Broken seat in BF

Automatic controls inoperable. Paul, the Service Manager, tried to fix it, then manually had himself or his crew move my seat for me anytime I needed. Great service throughout. I can't remember Paul's last name, but professional to the core - like could be pulling tours on SingAir as an in-flight sup. - he had that level of prof. Anyway, he assured me he would report the problem and it would be addressed. No complaining by me or expectation of compensation. I assumed Paul was a shining star and once the issue made it into the hopper I would never hear about it again. Within 24hrs. I received the following e-mail and deposit:

"On behalf of Continental Airlines, I would like to express our sincere apologies
for any inconvenience due to inoperable of our seat reclining aboard CO7 / 26DEC, from Houston to Narita. Although we fell short of your expectation, please be assured this occurrence will be noted and the appropriate corrective measures will be taken.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I have requested to put additional 10,000 miles as a gesture of concern. Should you have any questions or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We value your business and look forward to welcoming you again aboard another Continental flight soon.

Sincerely yours,
<deleted>
International Concierge
Continental Airlines, Narita, Japan"

They were not EQM's, but I passed 1K on that flight anyway, so made no difference to me. I was impressed with the in-flight handling and follow-up.