FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2012]
Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:31 pm
goingbananas

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by ajc1970
Requal is a whole different story.

In 2009, my spend was ~20K, but I had an "auto-requal" for the 2010 year, because I flew about 60K full-fare miles and they offered re-qual to anybody with 50+K full-fare miles.

In 2010, again I flew ~60K full-fare miles and spent ~20K, and changed my home airport from RNO to LAS, but they didn't make me the "fly 50K full fare miles to automatically requalify," and no, I didn't requalify for 2011.

But in January 2011, I asked for and was offered a challenge (spend $12K on UA metal in 90 days), which I completed, and by April 2011 I'd regained my GS status.

I have no clue yet if I've requalified for 2012. I called yesterday and the agent said she/they didn't know yet either (she blamed it on the merger). My 2011 spend was about $30K (most ever for me), all on F, A, C, D, Y and B fares (not a single "non-premium" fare).

This is why my profile says "GS light," btw.
I was in the same boat as you in 2010, had over 75K full-fare miles (all J on INTL) and didn't requal...got the same offer (as offers in my group) as you for first quarter of 2011, and basically (I/we) told them to pound sand.

Now, my colleague, who is doing a lot of domestic and South America is looking at qualifying on UA as GS since he would have to choose between AA, DL and UA based on his flight patterns, (where he currently has EXP and 1K).

So, his questions are:

1) Is the re-qual easier than the initial qualification.
2) Any thoughts on the initial $$ number to qualify, then subsequent re-qual number.
3) Any idea if UA be more transparent and publish the GS requirements for #2 question asked.

Thanks.....