FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:30 pm
frank_10b

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Booking nightmare

Pulling my hair out the last 24 hours, trying to book LAS-MIA-LHR-MAD-MIA-DFW-FLL; LAS-MIA-DFW-MAD-MIA-ORD-FLL
My outbound (LAS-BCN) ITA shows availability in O class (and S for the LHR-BCN) most ambitiously for LAS-MIA-DFW-LHR-BCN and also LAS-MIA-LHR-BCN or LAS-DFW-LHR-BCN, which at this point I would fairly happily settle for.
Trying aa and Orbitz and even if I can get them to offer the right flights (not easy!) it still books in the wrong class (L, N, all S, etc) and/or doesn't dump correctly.

For example working on LAS-MIA-LHR-BCN:
ITA has aa1842(1/11) and aa56(1/12) with O, then aa6287 or 6292 in S but then on expertflyer, these combos show nothing in O or S on any of the flights, but expertflyer does list 1842, 214 (showing O in both) with s in 6292. (ITA does that combo as all-S) Putting in later dates just to try it out, it all works fine

Also will not accept MAD-MIA-ORD/DFW-FLL-PBI at any dates

I am in way over my head. . Does anyone understand what is going on ?

Last edited by frank_10b; Jan 4, 2012 at 4:34 pm