FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Berlin forum
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:44 am
RichMSN
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
What is the 'we spend our time doing something else' you wish us to work on? Some of us TB members are actually capable of multi-tasking.

I don't think we need to wait months on end, but I don't have a problem with forum creation threads in the public forum (and private) being allowed to be discussed for pros/cons by FTers (whose input pro/con we're supposed to consider) for a few days or a week or more before doing sudden rushes to motions.

Sometimes the support is there & it makes sense for one to get created & it doesn't take more than a week; sometimes the support isn't there even by FTers, in which case rushing to motion & then have something not pass just because someone wants to act quickly or give the illusion of acting quickly doesn't make sense.

Cheers.
Sharon, why? There's a 2-week voting period. The motion itself is easy: "The Talkboard recommends creation of X forum."

We ask for public comments during the voting period. If the case isn't made in your mind in 2 weeks, vote it down. If it is, vote it up. But we don't need to wait a week and then have a two week voting period on top of that.

Just my opinion. If someone shares it (someone who will second the motions), the motions will be made quickly and the clock will tick.