FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012
Old Jan 3, 2012, 4:04 pm
Xyzzy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by joel67
+1

I do wish people would stop repeating that erroneous claim that MMs were promised 50k-level status, when we were really promised PE. One could argue that we were promised second-from-the-top status just as easily as claims that Infinite Elites were promised top-level status, rather than the 50k-level that they were also originally awarded.
Yes -- you are crrect. You were promised Premier Executive, a status that no longer exists because it has been renamed to and maps to Premier Gold. I can certainly see how some claim that as the second tier status it maps to Premier Platinum in the new program. Anyone who actually looks at the requirements of these levels, however, from outside the haze of Million-Miler rose-colored glasses, can see what UA intended -- that Premier Executive in the old program maps to Premier Gold in the new one.