Old Jan 3, 12, 9:10 am
stylo4444

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by jaejaez View Post
Thank you for that Stylo. Yes that is exactly what I meant.
I am not a fan of giving business to properties that try to dodge SPG rules with upgrades… having read this thread I am increasingly inclined to cancelling my booking and moving it elsewhere… though I would have liked the resort setting.

Will also drop the hotel an email to tell them why I am cancelling my res.

Any suggestions on where I can take my biz in Dubai (except GH which is over my budget this time)?
Speak to the hotel guest services manager before canceling and see what they can do for you in regards to an upgrade. That's always a better approach than just canceling outright and letting them know why you did that.

There's a Meridien and Westin in the same area that are nice properties. In terms of pricing, I don't think they would be that much cheaper than the Sheraton, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they are little more pricey. The other properties in Dubai...I think at the end of the day, they are in locations that are not as convenient as being on Jumeirah Beach. But with that said, the Metro system works...is clean, and Dubai is easier to get around with it. Avoid rush hour traffic if you are driving or taking a cab, you could be stuck a while.