FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT: Ok, I'm going to say it...
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2011, 7:14 am
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Talking Welcome Aboard.

Originally Posted by rxfleming

I don't hate the BA forum, but, I do dislike the 'apologists', and, the employees who post there, constantly defending their way of life, and sneaking behind their 'the words posted here are not of my employer' tags. It makes for uneasy and difficult reading sometimes.

It's, quite frankly, embarrassing. And alas, we will have to post there more regularly - someday.
Oh Dear - I would then imagine that my breaking a silence to post here will be as welcome as the proverbial in a swimming pool! That is a shame as I was delighted that we would be welcoming you all and all that you bring with you. Let me explain.

Yes I am BA Staff - as far as the uniform and operational procedures are concerned. However beneath that I am BCAL through and through. Most of you have probably forgotten about them. I come from an independent as friendly as yours (maybe too friendly as we were swallowed first). I know exactly what the good folk who work for your airline are going through - I was there in 1988. I was put into Long Haul Gatwick and then I came to Long Haul BA. I kept my job and I was grateful.

Now it may be the thought of being with staff as dreadful as me (actually I never remember defending my way of life but then memory does play tricks) and I have never put any defenses in my signature but some staffers have had their collars felt by Management and either had to withdraw or make it clear that their opinions were their own. So - that is why that happens. Corporations can be very sensitive to anyone being interpreted as "spokespeople" - you all understand that. As for "Apologists" - can I share something with you? I say Sorry all my working life for meals, seating assignments, Avods, Headsets, the Colour of my Lipstick (mostly destroyed by too many sorries for the aforementioned)- you name it. I will not go further as I am only coming here to assure you all of a Welcome. I am really hoping that you will bring a fresh breath of air and a good humourous look at everything.

Now I have never come over here waving anything on the grounds of good taste and decency - and if HIDDY ever thinks that his announcement will go forgotten - he is much mistaken. I actually have flown BD several times this year and I and my best mate are off to RAK on a Business Class Sale which will be fun (no Champagne on board I know but Hey Ho so what?). He was BD until the route with the Unspeakable opened up direct to LEJ with fares of £32 return and no trains from Berlin to deal with.

Muccis - a bit of fun started yonks ago by ScottC and not actually by me. This nonsense was originally called Mucci of Pucci with out any consultation by me.

So - if I were coming from you - I'd stick, Diamonds Are Forever in my signature and like all BCAL and Dan Air staff at BA - you'll stand out and above all my loves be welcome and have a Happy New Year. Now I must be off to the beach and let the sun kiss my body as no one else cares to these days and my husband spends most of the day asleep. I dreamed of marrying a prince. Look what happened to me.

So to you all - Welcome Aboard and I now resume my silence (Thank God said the BD Forum collectively!)

PGXXXX