FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Operational upgrades - how can you choose when to block them?
Old Dec 31, 2011, 7:05 am
B747-437B

Originally Posted by ung1
Look at it this way. Now that you have a seat in Business Class (which most people would consider is better than an economy seat), you have a higher bargaining power. Go to any one of 304 people in Y and ask them to switch seats with you. You essentially have your pick of seats, and that's hardly something to complain about. Maybe one day you'll get lucky and they'll upgrade you to an aisle seat in J.
I get upgraded to aisle/window seats in Business Class more often than middle seats (probably about a dozen times this year compared to only 4 times for the middle seat). And I'm happy to accept those as I view them as acceptable seats for me to travel in.

My point is that I shouldn't have to go to "any one of 304 people and ask them to switch seats". I already had a seat assignment for the seat that I wanted. Emirates took it away. Why the heck should I have to bear the brunt of their mistake to oversell Economy Class?