FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Redemptions
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2011, 10:16 am
lightyear40

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
[QUOTE=lsed;17715469]Sure I will keep trying but each failed attempt will just make me want me to fly with them more in the future.

I think there are 2 issues here that need attention. Basically the FFP, and ground operations.

Before we even talk about tweaking the FFP, I find it appalling that it is so difficult just to simply to contact a customer service representative.
Requests by email are also not responded to quickly enough.

How is that even acceptable for a No 1 airline?

Anyhow EF is showing:
C6 J2 D1 Z0

Originally Posted by lsed
If no more C / J seats are sold during the next 20 days before my flight, how likely is my chance for an award upgrade?
I would request an upgrade four/three days before what ever happens in relation to those seats, because your success rate will be much higher than a request date of 5 days or more.

I agree with you on the other issues about their ground staff, all we can do is keep knocking on their door via flyertalk and hope they take notice of our comments in the foreseeable future.

Good luck with the upgrade and never give up because it ain't over till (or until) the fat lady sings which essentially means that one should not assume the outcome of some activity (upgrade award) until the bird has actually flown from its nest.