FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Redemptions
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:57 pm
lsed

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Hey man,
Appreciate the reply.

Your post just reminded me of all the .... I went through with previous flights with QR. I generally enjoy the experience so long as I don't have to deal with ground staff. And it's just ridiculous that they can't accept payment over the phone in SIN.

I seriously don't know why I was interested in achieving gold with QR.

Anyhow, going down to Paragon just to pay is such a hassle. In your case, there was no difference in taxes, so why did they still make you go down?? They should have verified over the phone before making you come down!

When I call EK, I dont even get routed to the Gold desk automatically, but all my calls get answered immediately. And I can call a SIN number 24/7 (gets routed somewhere in India)

I once called QR USA hotline, and waited on the line for almost 2 hours before someone answered my call.

If this upgrade thing goes tits up, I'm just going to fly the minimum to maintain gold. Or maybe just silver.

I'm hoping I'll have more of a chance to get my upgrade through, since there are much more C seats than F.

Will update on how it goes.