FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not-so-random acts of appreciation for fellow FT'ers
Old Aug 12, 2001, 5:24 pm
essxjay
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Goodness ... where to begin?

Thanks ....

To PremEx aka Cyndy, the first FTer I ever met, for bringing me in as your guest at the ORD RCC that day in August two years ago; for the fine Habana you gave me then; and for saving your sheep tales for another time. Thank you also for the upgrades to Catman's Do in March of 2000. It was my first time in C on 763 - I was thrilled. I owe you a round of ring-toss.

To the magnanimous Punki, who runs the best d@amn boat hotel in all of Seattle!

To Rudi, Bernie and Mizu, for hosting the fabulous Doozy in Dusseldorf get-together. Extra special thanks to Bernie for opening his beautiful home to a bunch of lunatics!

To kokopuffs and geo1004, for their endless faux-rivalry that never ceases make me chuckle over my morning coffee.

To MattWald for treating me to SWUs for the DUS Do; for his tireless attempts to make United sit up and pay attention to its customers; and for teaching me the ropes to using the RCC on Int'l flights and finagling my way out of ridiculous change fees; and for being a much sweeter guy than he lets on.

To newself, for whom I would go without a worthy trash-talking partner. Aside: Lakers s*ck!

To the gentle Catman, who epitomizes the spirit of friendship that is formed on FT.

To nathan detroit, my biggest fan, supporter and all-around great guy.

To QuietLion, for his superb writing style and trip reports.

To Randy Peterson, for hosting this space, even in the face of intense criticism at times.

To crankyusi and tvl4free, for their invaluable segment-run advise. A special nod to cranky, who by the grace of the Baht run, made his 4-year-old son a 1K!

To LawLord and LarryU, my local FT buddies, for their astringent wit.

Finally, to dgolds, the classiest guy on FT and the brother I never had.

Cheers all!

[This message has been edited by essxjay (edited 08-12-2001).]