FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAS TSO confiscates Cupcake by claiming its frosting is a "gel"
Old Dec 24, 2011, 9:01 am
eastport

Programs: SWA A-List, OnePass, AA, U-MP, more
The constitution is supposed to protect us against arbitrary and capricious seizures by the government.

Yet we have the TSA, with inconsistent application of rules. Rules that we aren't allowed to know. And even if the screeners break the rules (those they tell us about), there is no consequences to the screener and no recourse for the passenger.

The only thing a passenger can do is go through the complaint process, which is useless. After I was blocked from seeing my luggage during screening at the Oakland airport, I complained. The result was being held there for five minutes, still out of sight of my luggage, and getting a harsh retaliatory pat-down. I filled out a comment card, then left a voicemail at the phone number, and finally mailed a complaint letter. Only the mailed complaint got a response, a phone call: "That shouldn't happen. Since it shouldn't, there is nothing we will do about it."