FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777-300 ER mini-reviews
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:17 am
mad_atta

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Thanks for the review.

Originally Posted by Aden
I didn't notice a great deal of difference in the J product to the other airlines I've flown. I didn't like the fact you have to get up and pull down the back of the seat to get the bed out - I much prefer Air Canada's style of lie flat where the seat has a full range of motion from sitting up to flat - but then I like to really slouch in my seat.
Limited recline aside, how did you find the new BP seat compared to AC's pods? I've flown many miles in AC's pods and, while I like them (and their ability to recline continuously into a bed) I've always found them significantly less comfortable to sleep in - they seemed narrower, harder, and lumpier than NZ's BP beds. For me, the inconvenience of getting up to make the bed is worth the payoff of a better sleeping surface - plus the extra width is nice.

My point of comparison is NZ's older BP seats, and by the sound of it the main improvement of the new one is the better, softer sleeping surface. I'd be curious to hear how you found that by comparison?