FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complete List of Airports with Whole Body Imaging/Advanced Imaging Technology Scanner
Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:04 am
NY-FLA

Programs: US former CP Looking for a new airline to love me
ROC....

IF ROC is busy enough for 3 CP's, the check-point to the far right is open and non-NOS. Otherwise two lanes share the one NOS, and SDOO's can be tough.
The non-TSA (MacNeil Security) clerks and barkers at the two central lanes will yell about everything out of your pocket, no belts, no wallets, no shoes, blah-blah-blah-blah-blah. An opt-out produces an interesting dilemma for the head gropist, as he questions to ensure all paper is out of pockets and the prospective gropee (me) produces, gasp, a boarding pass from his back pocket. I'm back in elementary school as the gropist lectures me that I was told to take everything out of my pockets "back there". I sarcastically apologize, offer to walk back through the WTMD bypass gate and put the BP through the X-Ray machine, an offer which is not accepted, either. I tell the gropist to deal with it, eg throw the paper away, I can always get another, and now a Monroe County sheriff has come down from the exalted raised dais they usually use to peer down at the "proceedings".
I learn that this is "his airport, not mine" , that he volunteers to be assigned out here and has been continually for 2 years (guess it beats the danger involved with fighting real crime); that the procedures are stupid, but even he (exalted though he apparently is) must go through them, and that I must not be hostile to the screeners, I need to have Washington halt the stupidity. Clearly Monroe County staffs this airport with sheriffs to ensure no screener rights are violated by that army of perps sometimes better recognized as airline passengers.