FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do YOU keep track of business travel expenses?
Old Dec 22, 2011, 7:51 am
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Simplify

Key is for employer to simplify the process. If you pay people to total up their nickels and dimes and then pay people to review those, it's a huge waste. We have gone to the following;

1. Travel booking through corporate travel. My assistant supplies a client code. The charge for the ticket is "stripped" off my corporate CC and I never see it again.

2. Same thing for car service to/from home airport + on the road. I never pay the expense and thus don't get reimbursed.

3. Receipts for hotels, meals, entertainment and other incidentals are submitted to the extent they exceed $25.

All of this means that on a 1-night trip, all I have is a receipt for the hotel and dinner, maybe a lunch of I was doing entertaining. Possibly a couple of local cabs if no car service.

Those few receipts go in an envelope, are scanned into special software, approved electronically and reimbursed directly to my bank account in between 1 and 9 days (we process reimbursements on the 10, 20 & 30th of the month. So a receipt submitted on the 11th is paid on the 20th as is a receipt submitted on the 19th.