FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best lounge for CX FC departure YYZ
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:43 am
ricktoronto

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by vu0219
Happy,

Could you please tell me more about this underground "city", specifically when I get to downtown Toronto, where to go to get to this area.

Ricktoronto, sorry to mention that the trip is YYZ-HKG, and CX from my understanding only fly daily for this segment?

CX828, yes, it's CX829. Arrival from AA1252 @ 2:45pm. If I don't go out to Toronto, I definitely check out the BA lounge as you suggested.

Thank you everyone.

Daily yes and each of the daily days there are two flights not one. I'd consider amending your itinerary to take the afternoon one or arriving in Toronto in the evening. I would not pay limo fare round trip vs. walkling across the road at departures 20 metres and getting a room at the Sheraton. FOr probably not much more.

I don't know what the airport flyer (post above) means but the TTC (the city bus) leaves from each terminal to the Kipling subway station on the 192 Airport Rocket bus, for $3.00 (exact change) from where you can go downtown.

Most people, to shop, will go to Dundas Station on the Yonge line (NOT Dundas West on the Bloor [E-W] line) to Eaton Centre. Most of the downtown core is connected by the PATH, frankly it is pointless for non-locals to navigate and all there are in the PATH are the same stores that are in the Eaton Centre anyway. I work in a PATH building and I don't crawl the PATH vs. go to the Eaton Centre, so tourists shouldn't waste their time, either.