FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lack of alcohol service on UAX
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2011, 5:52 pm
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Original response to my email was to let me know they were researching with the operating carrier (Express Jet) and would get back with me.

About a week later was the explanation that beverage service was altered due to the "turbulence".

I am sure CS was just parroting what they were told by ExpressJet, so I don't really have a beef with them. I think the turbulence story was a CYA by ExpressJet for not serving alcohol on the flight.

The FA was not impressive in any way, and my gut feeling was she didn't want to take the time or mess with paperwork / inventory / something.

Good question for anyone in the know....does an alcohol sale on a UAX flight cause additional work for the crew? I am sure the money has to be accounted for, etc.

This is by no means a huge deal. It was a personal flight for a well deserved vacation so a drink would have been nice.

I was mainly curious to see if anyone else had experienced anything similar since I had 4 occurrences in such a short time.

Last edited by goodeats21; Dec 17, 2011 at 5:53 pm Reason: punctuation