FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA DEQM in JAN and my 5 MR's...how did i do?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 9:55 am
WrLdTrvLnIndian

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
I'm sitting on 9 flights on hold with a total of $1646.60, netting 79,056 EQMs and 52,704 usable miles, which equates to $.020828 (if my math is right). I haven't used any discount codes yet, so it might reduce my cost a little bit more. I'm thinking about using my Cap One Venture points to reimburse me for the purchase, so that will come down to about $500 out of pocket. Plus i'm sitting on $328 worth of AA gift cards that I bought at a 9% discount on plastic jungle.

Still can't decide if i want to pull the trigger...i have no status, so all of my flights will be in the back, and i have some weekends i'm leaving on friday night and returning on sunday after 3 roundtrips. The longest wait i have in SFO is 3.5 hours, so that ain't bad. But the draw is I will definitely be able to use the EVIPs in the next two years, and I think that just by itself is worthwhile for this.
you definitely want to make sure that you will be using the status to its fullest or at least enough to justify the mileage runs.

Mind if i ask what are your routings.

I have a 6th one on hold that would bring the total up by another $321 and add 12966 EQM and RDM miles for a total of 76076, but not sure yet. I think 5 itself is a lot and i'll def have more travel in the year to make the 37k i would need. But its tempting.