Old Dec 15, 11, 8:19 am
Sixth Freedom
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Pics: Qatar Airways Business Class DOH-JFK/IAH-DOH

Introduction

I was travelling to MIA and then LAX from Doha and had the opportunity to sample Qatar Airways’ impeccable transatlantic business class service operated using 777-300 and 777-200 equipment.

I have been fortunate enough to enjoy QR’s 777 premium product once before, to and from SIN, and for a product portrait you can see my previous trip report here. The cabin is in 2-2-2 configuration and both the seats and aisles are very wide. The seats are very comfortable in both lounging and fully flat positions.

In this TR I shall focus mainly on the catering and the view outside with some marvellous and varied terrain, including Iran, the Caspian Sea and the glacial uplands and periglacial lowlands of Labrador.

I hope that you enjoy it and I shall let the pictures do the talking from now on.

Part 1: DOH-JFK

Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER, A7-BAH
Seat: 6A, in the second, smaller business class cabin
Duration: 14:30
Film watched on IFE: Letters from Iwo Jima (I had seen the companion film, Flags of our Fathers, on the way to SIN)
Route: North of the Great Circle, up over Iran, the Caspian Sea, Russia and Iceland and down over Labrador

Obligatory legroom shot:

Cabin view:

Bucks fizz – with beautiful sweet orange juice:

Safety video:

Coming on to the runway:

Iran: