FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choose Your Seat-Mate Through Social Networks
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:11 pm
S c 0 TT y

Programs: Skywards
Choose Your Seat-Mate Through Social Networks

I know, I know. When I read the headline myself I was like 'lolzr'. But it makes sense right. KLM is introducing this (full story here) new facility where you can choose to sit beside who you want via Facebook and LinkedIn.

It makes sense right - wouldn't you want to sit beside perhaps a fellow FT member. I for one would raise my hand to that (aye aye). Enhancing the value in-flight FTW. It could also be that you can choose to sit beside some uber cute than.... you know where im going with this one, you get the point .

I guess my question is, do you think this makes sense for EK - and would you take part in it if EK start offering it?

EDIT:

Just to add to the above, i'm not sure why this hasn't been taken seriously by airlines. Putting social networks on one side - programmes like Skywards should have had the social aspect to it - imagine checking to see which other Skywards member is likely to be on your flight (if they choose to opt into the programme). With the level in which EK are at, i'm not sure it would be so hard to implement.

Last edited by S c 0 TT y; Dec 14, 2011 at 12:17 pm