FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Too many elites these days
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:45 pm
ech207

Programs: CX DM, KF TPPS, SPG PLAT
I definitely see the logic in your point. If you look at another route say HKG to DPS you have a very different customer profile.

However, leaving aside the disproportionate lines at boarding, what about the number of check in counters devoted to F and J/MPC? In my opinion this is an indicator that the entire membership base of elites has swelled in ranks.

Also, it's not just KA. Recently I noticed an additional number of F class counters (as many as 4 standard counters in addition to the specially designed F counters) being opened in the CX check-in area - although I know they have always had 1 or 2 standard configuration counters in addition to the specially designed F class counters.

The other thing is the F lounge. Sure the renovation of the wing has made things tough, but this should have minimal effect on the F lounge which has been ridiculously crowed for a number of years. Maybe they should consider a separate lounge for F and DM only? Or they could turn away oW emerald as AA and others often do...