FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Domestic Baggage Allowance for some Silver Medallions
Old Dec 12, 2011, 3:41 pm
Fly_Delta_Jets

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by flymanbeast
So silver members are now worth less then amex members? wow
Originally Posted by TTT
Well not really - FO + Amex gets 2 bags. Amex just gets 1.
And one can't forget unlimited upgrades (including companion upgrades), free preferred seating, the Silver line, Skyteam Elite Status (not much, but hey--it's a benefit), priority check-in, and the class of service bonuses.

I honestly don't see this as a huge devaluation--DL isn't the first carrier making the move, and in the constant airline industry race to the bottom, it was bound to happen eventually. I imagine a lot of FOs have a DL Amex as well, so no real change for them. Yes, FOs without an Amex got the shaft, but it's not a giant devaluation and I don't think it's a sign of major devaluations to come.

Comments about jumping ship to WN make me laugh--they're often more expensive than DL, and (IMO) provide mediocre service at best. On DL I can have a confirmed seat assignment without a cattle call at boarding, a chance to upgrade to F, a professional flight crew who don't think they're working at the Chuckle Hut (30 Rock reference ), IFE and wifi, and more. But to each his (or her) own.

Lastly, a big ^ to DL on being more open with their program changes and not trying to sneak this one by. Keep it up!