FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:27 pm
snace

I have a question, and I am sure that there is no hope for my situation, but I am going to ask anyways.

This year, I did not fly as much as I originally planned. Normally, for over the past five years, I have easily qualified for elite (instant in most cases). This year, the majority of my flying was to take place in the last quarter. My last two planned flight plans have been cancelled and I am stuck. I don't really have time for an expensive mileage run, but I will consider my options.

As of now I have 20k status miles. My concern is that I may not have the opportunity to get another RT in this year and won't be able to aim for prestige either.

That being said, I do have a lot of flying booked in January and February. If I add a small mileage run, I should qualify for elite. I know that the 2012 qualifying period is from Jan 1 to Dec. 31, but if I did get these miles by the end of Feb. 2012, I am wondering if I would be instantly upped to elite as I would currently 'have status'?

I doubt that would be the case but some other expert opinions telling me I have no chance would be appreciated.