FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Marina Bay Sands Hotel
View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2011, 3:22 am
number_6
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
I wound up staying in one of the Paiza suites (floors 50-54) and those are by far the finest hotel in Singapore. Truly Peninsula quality, both in service level and quality of furnishings. The rest of the hotel is presumably not like that at all (normally Paiza is not bookable, I think, it is probably for whales). Not only is there butler service, but room service is close to instantaneous (ordering food and a bucket of ice results in 2 people bringing the items separately, for example, to ensure faster service). Private elevators just for these floors, so never a long wait (the hotel has 2500 rooms, so elevators are bound to be a bottleneck for regular rooms). I was charged USD 1000 per night for a huge suite (guess over 2000 sq. ft.) and this includes all drinks 24x7 though alcoholic is just 2 hours per day (but unlimited and includes things like Martell Cordon Bleu and Dom). This thread really belongs in Luxury hotel forum, at least this part of the hotel would make the top 20 luxury hotels in the world list and have a shot at top spot! I expected little, and wound up getting a lot.

Even for regular club rooms, the rooftop pool, park and club combo is stunning, as are the public spaces and shopping. I wasn't wanting to shop, but there is maybe the world's largest Luis Vuitton store there, as well as excellent Chanel, Prada, Hermes, etc. stores. And good prices, at least for high-end goods. Got all my Christmas presents bought.