FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The more you spend the worse you are treated
Old Dec 5, 2011, 1:37 pm
Joshua

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Originally Posted by SafariMatt
I would have been just as mad as you. I find myself in this situation occasionally as I fly last-minute on RJs with high load factors. However, after like the 4th or 5th time this happened, I began to rationalize it for my own sanity in the following way: I pay a lot for the flexibility of being able to book last minute. I get what I paid for - a seat. It isn't the E+ seat I'm entitled to by being a 1P (soon to be 1K!), but it got me where I was trying to go.

As an aside, I have observed that if you check in right at T-24, some previously unavailable E+ seats are usually available, presumably due to UDU.
But herein lies the problem--you can't *BUY* an F seat since there's often no inventory that close to departure.

Why doesn't United just leave inventory at F2 A1 for people on last minute Y and B fares and create a booking class for E+?