FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MGM M-life: some questions (redeem, benefits)
Old Dec 3, 2011, 1:26 pm
gengar

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Just a few comments to get some answers in this thread - I'm still an mlife Plat although I was chased off to Cosmo due to the mlife implementation (and the more-general slashing of comps following the disaster that is City Center). Needless to say I think mlife is an awful program and it's amazing to me that, nearly a year after program rollout, so many of the initial problems still exist. You can read some of my thoughts from the beginning of the program in this FT thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/gamin...questions.html (and many of my comments in that thread still apply.)

Originally Posted by ff.volker
1. Can I redeem the credits? How? Is there a redeem chart? What are the benefits?
I don't play slots, but IIRC for slot play, each point can be redeemed for 2 cents of Express Comps per point. This should be somewhere on one of the mlife FAQ pages.

Also, be careful not to confuse tier credits and points. Tier credits are like elite qualifying miles on airlines - only for status level.

2. Hotel Benefits: What kind of room upgrades are possible? Maybe some example help.
The official policy is a one-step upgrade. Given that most MGM properties distinguish between rooms in the same category with differing views (e.g., standard room but with a strip view), this will generally be a same-category "upgrade". I've read many reports of upgrades being denied altogether or of players being told that a "high floor" room constituted an upgrade. There are a few reports of upgrades to suites, although this often appears to be at the discretion of the FD and so perhaps should not be considered part of the mlife program.

3. How are the (non gambling) benefits in general? Worth the program or not? Just read in this forum that the Coffee Shop Line Pass is (was?) not really established.
Not very good IMO. As I've mentioned in past threads, most of the stated perks are a joke. Using the mlife card as a line pass has worked for me at the Bellagio buffet, but I've never tried it at the cafe. Not having to seek a host to get a buffet line pass is convenient, but certainly it's not what I'd term a real perk.

4. What does Fine Dining Priority mean/include?
After logging in to mlife, there is a reservations search form that is supposed to give priority reservations. I wouldn't put much faith in it; I tried it once when there was limited availability through the public search and the "priority" search gave the exact same availability, and then when I called the restaurant directly they were happy to pencil me in for one of the "unavailable" times.

Last edited by gengar; Dec 5, 2011 at 12:05 am